The Comforter | My First Experience With Lush

IMG_4018

IMG_4017

IMG_4020

IMG_4019

IMG_3860

I can’t believe I’m about to admit this, but I have never used a Lush bath bomb before. In fact, apart from using one face mask sample I’ve never tried any Lush products, until now. I know what you’re thinking, how on earth did I manage to avoid the hype that’s still surrounding this brand. To be honest I have no idea, what can I say I’m just always late to the product party.

After spending ages glancing in the opposite direction, my head finally turned when The Comforter shower cream stepped into the lime light. Since receiving a huge bottle for my birthday, it’s safe to say I’ve finally jumped on the Lush band wagon.

I think what had me hooked was the smell, it’s absolutely incredible. It’s like a whirlwind of cotton candy sweetness sprinkled with blackcurrants and it’s a smell that lasts on your skin for hours after you’ve taken a shower.

Since The Comforter shower cream went down a treat, I thought I would finally take the plunge and purchase The Comforter bubble bar.

First of all, I couldn’t believe how big it was! Since I’m somewhat of a novice I thought, there’s no way you put the whole thing in the bath at once, and of course you don’t, you cut it up! For £5 I managed to get eight pieces out of it, which I think is a pretty good bargain since I have a relaxing bath every Sunday.

Again, the smell was just captivating, I kept picking up the cubes I’d cut and having a whiff, which only spurred on my excitement to give it a go. Now I’m not a pink kind of girl in anyway, but I was excitement to jump into this bubbly pool of pinkness.

When I hopped in the bath was really glad all of the bits dissolved. There’s nothing worst than bath bombs or bath salts that haven’t dissolved properly and they get stuck to your bum and legs. It really kills the relaxing bath experience I think, but luckily I had no issues of this sort.

If you think the shower cream smells amazing – O-M-G – the bath smells 10 times better with the bubble bar! It’s like a comforting, warm blanket wrapped around. It’s pure bliss and definitely what you need on a Sunday evening.

I love sparkly things, but glitter in my bath isn’t one of them, so I was really happy this particular bubble bar contained no sparkles. I’m still not a hardcore glitter bath bomb basher, but since I’m now hooked on Lush, I’m sure I’ll get there at some point.

What are your favourite products? Are then any Lush items you would recommend I try? I can’t wait for my next haul!

Sarah Jayne x

12 Comments

1. November 25, 2015 / 1:37 pm

Wow that’s some confession! I love Christmas time at Lush, everyone goes crazy for the Christmas limited editions. I love Rose Jam and Snow Fairy. Last year I joined the crazy queues first thing on Boxing Day just to stock up on the huge half price bottles! Not sure I’ll be able to get there this year :(

• November 25, 2015 / 3:34 pm

I know, some confession right! Ohhhh the Snow Fairy is on my list! Yeahh I don’t blame you Chloe, I never leave the house on Boxing Day – jim jams and chocolates all the way! x

2. November 25, 2015 / 2:29 pm

OMG I can’t believe you were a LUSH virgin! I buy the kids a bubble bar wand every Xmas – you just wave it under the tap a few times and get up to 20 uses out of it. Bargain! I also like to treat myself to a bath melt every now and then x

• November 25, 2015 / 3:37 pm

Yes, I was a Lush virgin! I think they are such good value for money. What bath melts do you recommend? x

3. November 26, 2015 / 9:37 am

Oh my god, I’m so happy I’m not the only one!
    I still haven’t bought or used a single product from Lush before, despite entering the shop so many times.
    I always find there’s just too much choice, that I feel I would need to research before I bought anything (but I’ve never remembered to do that)!
    And like you, I was always put off by the idea of glitter in my bath, and the fear that the bath bombs would dye my skin a funny colour! Did you come out pink!? … let me know and maybe I’ll loose my Lush Virginity eventually too!

Kitty | Clothes and Stuff

• November 26, 2015 / 10:20 pm

Hi Kitty,

I always worried about my skin getting irritated by the glitter and the colours, but my skin is absolutely fine and you don’t come out a weird colour either :) Honestly start with something like The Comforter, or maybe one of their bubble bars? xx

4. November 26, 2015 / 3:37 pm

All time favourite Lush product has to be the ‘Snow Fairy’ collection, they seem to have more and more products for it each year! If you like sweet smells it perfect! Love the post x

• November 26, 2015 / 10:18 pm

I NEED to try the Snow Fairy, I’ve seen it for years, but never ever picked it up! xx

5. November 28, 2015 / 10:55 am

I am such a lush addict so I’m glad you’ve discovered them! Make great presents for friends for Christmas too. Pretty photos x

• November 28, 2015 / 3:03 pm